I can't even believe that our baby is 2 years old already. We had such a fun weekend celebrating it. We had a day with just the 3 of us all day on Saturday and spent time playing outside and at the pool. Then on Sunday we had just a small get together with my parents and sister's family and Grandma Nancy. We played in the yard and went swimming again. The kid can't have enough pool time.
Max got lots of fun new toys...tools, golf clubs, Thomas trains, a motercycle, matchbox cars, books, and the list goes on. I think his toy inventory just about doubled so he should be set for awhile. And he got some new clothes. All in all it was a great weekend and boy was he pooped at the end of it.
I just can't believe how quickly he is learning things. It seems like each day I find myself saying "I didn't know he knew that" or "I didn't realize he could do that". It is absolutely crazy, but so cool that he is growing up and becoming his own person. He does still have the occasional outbursts though that make you just scratch your head wondering how he can be so irrational / upset / overly sensitive about certain situations...so I guess he does still have a little baby in him, but I can pretty much get him back into a laughing mood with some tickles or goofy songs.
I am just having so much fun with the little guy. I really didn't think that fatherhood could be so fun! It just seems to get better every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment