Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We're having a....

GIRL!!! Michael and I were both very surprised when we found out we were having a girl. I just felt like we were having a boy and Michael swears he saw a little package on our 14 week ultrasound. The ultrasound technician told Michael not to quit his day job b/c she was sure we were having a girl. She was moving around like crazy during the ultrasound. Kicking and punching, we even saw her yawn. Technology is so amazing. She is growing right on schedule and is estimated at about 12 oz and 20 weeks and 3 days. So just a couple of days ahead. The technician said everything looked good with the baby which is a huge relief, although we didn't have a doctor's appointment scheduled so he will review it at our next appointment. Michael and I were hopeful that the placenta previa problem would be gone with this ultrasound but it appeared that it is now a full previa rather than a partial (that's worse), but there is still plenty of time for everything to move back to where it is supposed to be. I just need to continue to take it easy and it just means more ultrasounds in the future. She is awful photogenic already so it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Max came with us to the ultrasound. We think he is battling another ear infection and really didn't want to go to daycare yesterday so I stayed home with him. I think he already knows that someone else is trying to take his limelight and he is starting to throw temper tantrums when it's time to go to school. Hopefully this gets over soon, it's really hard to drop him off at daycare when he is either crying hysterically or giving me dirty looks.

3 comments:

judy said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! =0}
I'm sure she'll be a sweet little thing, and that Max will become the protective big brother. Even if "hers gonna slobber" on his toys.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! Having both a girl and boy is so special. You get to experience the best of both worlds....and having "an older brother" will be so great! Girls are so sweet..and SO MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE...it starts right away... Too many accessories, too many cute clothes! It's awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!! XOXO... Amanda

Anonymous said...

How sweet, a GIRL !!! I'm so happy for you. Max will be mesmerized by his little sis.