Thursday, July 02, 2015

Happy 7th Birthday Lila


Our little girl is growing up and I couldn't be prouder.  Lila had a big year as she went to kindergarten.  Sending the kids off to kindergarten is a tough one for me. I am a worrier.  I don't like that  I lose the control I had when the kids were in preschool.  I don't get to talk to the teachers daily and know how her day went. I don't know if she is learning everything she is supposed to and making good choices.  I could only hope that she was the same sweet, smart girl I know at home as she was at school.  I shouldn't have worried.  Her teacher actually told me if they could mold a perfect student, it would be Lila, She is smart, sweet, goofy and is always doing the right thing.  It made my heart melt when I heard that.   I was able to volunteer in her class quite a bit this year and I loved that she would run and hug me as soon as she saw me.

People often mention what a beautiful daughter we have.  She is beautiful, but I wish they understood her true beauty.  Lila is the kindest, most thoughtful 7 year old I could imagine.  I loved it when she would run off the bus and tell me stories.  She often told me about her friends accomplishments.

  • Molly got her art chosen for the art show!
  • Noah clipped off the chart!  His parents must be so proud of him!
  • Miomi learned how to swing today, all by herself!


Some other stories from kindergarten
When her friend with autism wasn't making good choices, she would stand next to him, look him in the eye and say 'Noah, that's not the right choice.  You can do better.  What choice should you make?'

When the new girl in school didn't speak any English and was standing alone at recess Lila ran up to her and asked if she wanted to play.  When she didn't respond, Lila made a silly face and she smiled.  Lila grabbed her hand and said 'let's play.'

Lila sits on the bus next to the shy girl who doesn't talk and Lila talks to her even though she never responds.  I know it means the world to her because her mom told me.

Most of the time when I was able to eat lunch with Lila she would make sure her friend with special needs spotted her so she could give her a hug.

She's smart because she noticed those in need.  She's beautiful because she did something about it.  Lila inspires others around her to simply be better.  Be more caring, be more compassionate, be kinder.  The world would be a lot better place if more people could show her compassion and I sure hope it doesn't change as she gets older.



This year for Lila's birthday she had a gymnastics party.  She had a few friends from school come and I think she had a good time, and so did her brothers who went kicking and screaming.  The gym set up obstacle courses and played lots of games.  


Happy Birthday Lila!  We love you.  

My Favorite Food is: Pb & J
My Favorite Sport to play is: gymnastics, no actually dance, actually both
The best show on television is: Paw Patrol
The coolest person on earth is:  God and Jesus
My  favorite thing to learn about in school is:   Daily 5 (reading)
The thing I do the most awesomely is:  Playing
If I could go anywhere in the world, I’d go to:   Florida
My favorite color is:  Purple
When I grow up I’m going to become a:  No idea
My current favorite song is:  That's not my name
The book I’m loving right now is:  Junie B Jones
The words that describe me are:  smart, funny, kind
When I was little I used: I used to budge people
My Favorite season of the year is: summer
The absolute best thing about summer is:  my birthday
The snack I like the best:  cake
One food that I really dislike: shrimp
My best friend is:  Molly
If I had one wish it would be: I want to fly like birds



No comments: