So this spring all of the kids had some sort of performance or presentation to give.
Bryce
Bryce had his last Spring Sing at preschool. It is so hard for me to believe that we have gone to five years of these performances, starting when Max was just 3. Cole, Bryce's best friend, surprised him and came to watch him sing. He was so excited. He just stood there singing loudly and doing all of the motions. He is such a sweet boy. I hate, hate, hate that this is my last year with a little one at home. He really is just the coolest kid to hang out with. He is so laid back, generally listens, and just has a great attitude that he even makes a trip to the grocery store fun. I would probably be more sad to send him off to Kindergarten if he wasn't so ready to go. He has opened up quite a bit the last half of the year at preschool and his friends always shout bye to him, so any worries I had about him socially have subsided. I know I am a bit biased, but this kid is crazy smart and beyond ready to go to kindergarten.
Lila
Lila surprised us this year and wanted to be in a musical at church. It makes me think back to her preschool days when her teaches told me there was no way she should go to kindergarten when she was 5 based on her shyness. Well she is not shy anymore! She got up on that stage and sang her little heart out. She is just the sweetest most thoughtful little girl that I could imagine. She always writes little notes to me and I have started a collection. I figure i will pull them out when she is a teenager and remember at one time she thought I was the coolest thing.
Max
This year Max has had such a huge jump in school work. He is in a different class where they don't really do work sheets and have multiple choice tests, they are teaching to create lifelong learners. Which honestly I think he hates. He would much rather just study for a test, but instead he is doing research papers and presentations and lots and lots of writing. We think this will serve him better in the long run, but right now it is sometimes a struggle to get him to do his homework. This spring he did a research paper and presentation on Neil Armstrong. He had to stand up in front of his class and give about a 5 minute speech. Then he presented at a character cafe where students from the entire school walked around the cafeteria and listened to his speech. I was so proud that he memorized the whole thing. I couldn't imagine doing that when I was only 8!
Well summer is finally here and I can't wait to spend all of this extra time with the kiddos!
Thursday, June 04, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I loved hearing about your sweet kids' performances! I so wish I would get to see them more often. Have a wonderful summer!
Post a Comment