I'd say over the past year, Lila is the one that has changed the most. Gone is the shy insecure girl and in her place is the goofiest, silliest girl I've come across. Her teachers say she is always so happy. We had her school performance last month and she was so excited. She had been practicing at home and couldn't wait to perform. Michael and I were shocked when in the middle of the performance when there was a break the music teacher had to come scold Lila and a couple of her friends for talking too much. I think my jaw hit the floor. What? A Bontrager got in trouble for talking. That has NEVER happened before. Michael and I probably didn't have the correct parental response b/c we were really pleased. Considering last year her teachers told us she definitely should not go to kindergarten b/c of her shyness and insecurities, to see her laughing and having such a good time with her friends was so great.

Lila also started swim lessons about a month ago and I don't think she could like it any better. Last summer she refused to put her head in the water and now she doesn't want to get out of the water. She is swimming like a fish and is excited to do swim team this summer. I'm just not ready to send her to kindergarten next year. I like having my baby girl at home.
And as happy as Lila is during the day, she is a different beast at night. As soon as the lights go off, she is terrified and just doesn't want to be alone. I'm hoping this is just a phase, but it has been going on for a while now. Once again, silly of me to think I could get a solid night's sleep at this age. Maybe when the kids are out of the house? Only like 15 more years to go.
3 comments:
I love this update about Lila! I noticed at the Martin Retreat she opened up much more. I was so pleased when she visited with me a little. So sorry about the night time fear. That can be rough. I hope this phase passes soon.
Thanks for the update Tina. What a precious little girl! Love you guys!
Post a Comment