Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bryce Update

I need to get better about posting, I know.  I really thought I would have more time when the kids got a little older....I guess that's sort of like thinking babies aren't all that much work.  I mean don't they sleep like 20 hours a day?

I thought I'd start first with an update on the baby of the family, Bryce.  I always say Max is just like his daddy, Lila is just like her mommy and Bryce is just his own little dude.

We had a bit of a scare with Bryce.  In January Bryce had surgery to get a mole removed. He did fantastic.  He is such a trooper. I was so worried about the surgery itself I didn't even think that something more serious could be involved with his mole.  After the mole was removed they sent it off to a pathologist.  Apparently the results were confusing to both the plastic surgeon and our pediatrician so they sent us to a pediatric dermatologist.  Also concerning to our pediatrician, was some loss of pigment on Bryce's skin.  He thought it was the skin disease where you lose pigmentation.  So needless to say, I had some pretty sleepless nights worrying.  We went to the dermatologist on Friday and she said we had nothing to worry about on both accounts.  He basically scars easily, which is the white spots on his skin, and the mole was just a fast growing mole, but benign.  I can finally sleep again.  Here is at the hospital. 

Bryce has just started to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels, and he is doing a pretty good job of it.  I think he still has the worlds best smile with all of those dimples and he is almost always in a good mood, except at meal times when he chooses not to eat.  He just really doesn't eat much and it's a struggle. I think we are going to let him eat a bagel and cream cheese nearly every day.  That's his favorite right now.  So at least he is eating something.  He'll do a pretty good job of eating his fruits and vegetables it's just anything with substance, he's not real interested in.  He also started doing soccer and we thought he really liked it, but the past couple of times he hasn't wanted to go.  He said he just likes staying at home better.  I think without knowing it we became over activitied.  Between Max's soccer & football, Lila's gymnastics & swimming and soccer for Bryce plus school we are always on the go.   While Max loves being on the go all of the time, I think Bryce and Lila like their down time.  So I'm going to cancel gymnastics for Lila and once soccer is over for Bryce we aren't going to sign up again.  This summer we are just going to do swim team and that's it, so hopefully we won't have such a busy summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your kids. Thanks for the update on Bryce. I think his dimples are the cutest! I think you're making a wise decision about cutting out some of the activities. I think kids can get stressed out without us really realizing it. Hope you all have a wonderful summer.