Sunday, April 13, 2014

Chattanooga Vacation

For spring break this year we decided this year to take a trip to Chattanooga.  The girls wanted a beach vacation but the boys wanted something with a little bit more adventure.  So this year we went to Chattanooga, TN to see the Smokey Mountains and do some touristy things.  The weather was beautiful and we got to see some beautiful scenery.  The drive was almost 7 hours which was a bit long but it went pretty well.  We got to the hotel the first day and we went swimming.  I'm pretty sure that was Lila's favorite part. 


The first day we went to Ruby Falls which is a waterfall in a cave.  Max loved the cave and the waterfall was beautiful.
We headed to Rock City and we were able to see the city of Chattanooga from the top of Lookout Mountain.  It was a great view.

It was a long way down, and daddy was a little too scared to go on this platform.



The next day we went to the Chattanooga aquarium and walked around downtown.  Here Lila is at one of the parks walking down water steps.  I think they all fell in, but it was  a nice day so at least they dried quickly.


The last day we were there we went to a state park about an hour north of Chattanooga and did a little bit of hiking.  The views were incredible and I think Michael is ready to move to Chattanooga so we can enjoy the outdoors more. 
 
 
I posted all of our pictures to our shutterfly website so take a look!


3 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks fun!

Barb Snyder said...

Thanks for sharing about your trip. Looks like you had a great time. Michael was afraid to go out on the lookout platform?! I always thought Michael was pretty daring. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you had a good time.