

About a week ago we got back from our first family trip and I think expectations are quite high after that one. My mom was able to take my brother's family and ours to Disney World, and it was such a great experience that I'm sure our kids will remember for a long time. We were able to to stay on the Disney property at the Grand Floridian hotel which was super nice. They had amazing pools that the kids absolutely loved. The Grand Floridian is on the monorail and had a boat right to the Magic Kingdom so we could get to the Magic Kingdom in just a few minutes. My brother has been to Disney a few times before so he did an amazing job scheduling everything for us. He picked some really good restaurants. The first day we headed to the Magic kingdom. I'd been there before, but it has been a long time. First up was space mountain. Lila was tall enough so we went. Oops. I forgot how scary that roller coaster is. Lila somehow got stuck in the the first seat of the first car. The scariest! I couldn't even enjoy the ride b/c I was so worried about her, but she did great. There were no tears, but she didn't want to do it again! Space mountain was Max's favorite ride though. The first night we were able to have dinner at Cinderella's castle. It's where you can go meet all of the princess. Jasmine was daddy's favorite, and she was nice enough to give Max a kiss. Max was not a big fan, and immediately tried to wipe it off.


There really is so much to see and do at Disney. Even though are kids are close together in age Max and Lila could ride a lot of rides that Bryce couldn't ride, so Bryce and I hung out a lot. I think we did just about all the rides at Magic Kingdom that we wanted. We were there for 3 days. The kids loved all of the rides, except for the Mickey's Philharmagic. It's a 3-D movie. I don't think I'll take Lila to a 3D movie for a long time. Michael and Max went to Epcot that afternoon, so I was there with just Bryce and Lila. As soon as the show started Lila didn't like it. She was crying hysterically and screaming 'Get me out of here!' I didn't know what to do. You are kind of stuck in there as soon as the show starts. Fortunately it didn't last long and we were able to leave. Yikes.


Michael's favorite meal of the trip was at the Polynesian. They had bread, salad, drumsticks, which the big boys loved, pot stickers and any kind of meat on a stick you could imagine. The meal ended with bread pudding. There was even a daughter father dance. Lila was on cloud nine b/c the trip was around her birthday and she got a special cupcake for dessert.
We had such a great trip and it was so nice to share it with our cousins. Everyone was super tired after the trip and we hope someday we can go back!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you were able to have this wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing about it.
Post a Comment