Monday, March 07, 2011

Mommy my Tummy Hurts



It amazes me how at such an early age kids can be so manipulative. I thing our daughter is going to be a force in the coming years. Lately Lila has been saying 'my tummy hurts' quite a bit. It's hard to know if it really does or not b/c it is often followed by 'I want to watch Little Einsteins' We really limit tv watching in our house. The max the kids are allowed to watch in a day is 45 minutes, and even at that they are not allowed to watch every day. So Lila has figured out that if she says her tummy hurts or she's sick she gets to watch tv. We're on to you Lila!
Max scored a goal in his real soccer game last week. We cheered really loud for him and he just stared at us like he was embarrassed. Michael is going to work on the celebration with him. But when did he get to be so big? Doesn't he look like a big boy now. :( I was supposed to be getting an in action shot of him twisting in the air. It was pretty tough to do since he didn't really leave the ground.

And of course have to give an update on our baby boy Bryce. Little handful that he is. We are concerned he is going to have the stubbornness of Lila and the demanding nature of Max. We could be in for trouble. He still refuses to walk. He'll run around the train table but as soon as his hand leaves the table his legs turn to jelly and he sits down. We've tried everything, but I guess he'll do it on his own time. He's a pretty picky little eater too, so I'm afraid his diet consists of bananas and bread. Last night at dinner he politely handed me back the bread that had crusts on it. Thanks buddy.

And just a side note, one of my major pet peeves is parents on cell phones or texting. Max's preschool newsletter had to remind parents to get off their cell phones when they pick up their kids. Seriously?? Parents have to be reminded to get off their cell phones to talk with their children. Ridiculous if you ask me.

2 comments:

judy said...

Your kids are SO cute!!
Thanks for the updates!

Barb Snyder said...

I really enjoy hearing about your kids, so please keep the updates coming! I love the pictures...kids are so cute!