I took Max to the dentist today for the first time. He did absolutely awesome. I was a little concerned that he would be very scared or have a crying meltdown, but you would think that he had done this many times before. He answered questions, mostly with a nod for yes or no, but a few times spoke. The hygienist was very good about showing him all the tools she would be using and practicing on his hand so he could see how they work. I think the scariest part for him was the chair tilting back further than he expected. But having his mouth open with all the tools and instruments was no big deal for him. And the best part is his teeth all look great and he's got all 20 of his baby teeth. I was a very proud dad at how well he did.
All is quiet on the pregnancy front...which is good news. Hopefully healing is taking place. Tomorrow Tina will be 20 weeks, which is a major milestone so we are planning to send the kids off for the night (as opposed to us actually hitting the road, of course) and since Tina doesn't really want anymore of my cooking, I think I'll just pick up some nice, big, greasy, fried pork tenderloins for dinner and watch a movie. Is that a celebration or what?
My parents came into town for a couple nights over the long weekend, which was awesome. They are always such a huge help and the kids love it when they are around. Our nanny, Katie, probably didn't care for it, because Max is always super sensitive the day after they leave. Must be the constant spoiling that grandma and grandpa bring. We got the new nursery painted and new baseboards painted and put up and new handles on the new closet doors. So I think the only thing needed will be to get Lila out of her crib in 3 or 4 months so that it can be moved to the new room. Now we just need to figure out where grandma and grandpa will sleep when they come to visit.
Sorry, no pictures. I was too busy with little projects and forgot to take them.
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your celebration sounds good to me! I love when we can have carry-out and eat at home. Enjoy your evening!
Love you guys.
Aunt Barb
Glad all is quiet on the pregnancy front. And that you got to celebrate! ;)
Take care. Love, Aunt Nene
Hey, Max's hygienist must be as good as Kathy! =o}
I'm really glad things are going well with the pregnancy.
Can't wait to find out what/who # 3will be like!
Love,
Judy
Post a Comment