
So Tina's week did end up better than it started. She mentioned her steriod shot on Monday, but the second shot in that treatment was on Tuesday. Then she found out that the bloodwork from Monday was positive for gestational diabetes, so she needed follow up work on Wednesday. This was four blood draws over 3 hours. Also she couldn't eat ahead of time and if you know Tina it's hard for her to go more than just a couple hours without eating something. So it was a rough week and quite depressing for her to think about not being able to have sugary snacks anymore. In fact she got a little teary eyed looking into her bowl of asparagus Thursday night at dinner. I felt bad, but it was sort of a funny site to see...I knew exactly what was going thru her head. Anyway good news came on Friday when the additional labs came back negative. She was almost as excited as when we first found out we were pregnant!
Here is a picture of the nursery and crib too. I do like the way the paneling looks, but it sure wasn't fun doing it. I am not sure what I would do without my dad!

2 comments:
Tina, you are looking good. I love the pick of you chatting on the phone. I wonder if you were talking to me? ;)
Michael, you are doing a great job taking care of Tina. She needs your support right now, and you have been there for her and the baby. Make sure that she continues to rest and does not do anything. Let's keep that little guy inside mommy as long as we can.
Your nursery is BEAUTIFUL...I am soooo IMPRESSED with Albert!!..and you too Michael! I am sorry about the Bed Rest situation- but enjoy all of that rest now, because soon enough, laying on the couch, playing tetrus, talking on the phone...etc. will be a past time you can only dream about... I am very excited for you two...Have you picked a name yet? Take care and Michael...I am sure you are a GREAT care giver...! XOXO
Post a Comment