Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Good News!



Luckily our doctor's appointment went really well yesterday. We got an ultrasound and we were able to get a good look at our little guy. One thing is for sure, he definitely got the hairy Bontrager trait. We could clearly see in the ultrasound that he had a full head of hair already. It was glowing in the ultrasound. They took measurements of his femur, abdomen and his head. Everything measured ahead of schedule, particularly his head which measured at almost 35 weeks. I'd like to think big head, big brain. They estimate his weight at 4 lbs 9 oz. I'm doing well too, they bedrest seems to be helping and they didn't see what concerned them before. I'm still on bedrest and I am supposed to take it easy but I don't need to worry about getting up to get something to eat.

Here are some pictures of the shower from this weekend. It was great to see everyone and get out of the house. I didn't realize spring was here! Thanks to all of you for coming and celebrating with me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that things are going well. I'm glad you were able to get out and go the shower.
When you had your ultrasound, did they print out any of the pictures for you? We still have a picture that was printed out at one of my ultrasounds for Brigette. She had her fist up under her chin. After she was born, that is the way she would sleep.
Did Michael have fun looking at all the shower gifts?
Take Care.
Love and prayers,
Aunt Barb

Tina said...

We only got one picture of the baby. We were trying to get his face but his arm was covering it and all we could see was a lip. Right now all of the wonderful baby presents are sitting in the nursery. It's going to be a weekend project to go through everything.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina, you look great! I'm glad you got to get out of the house ~ bet that felt good.

Are you surprised by the hairy Bontrager trait? :) Hopefully 'Newman' will have a least a few of your traits as well.

Continue to take care. We love you guys and you're in our thoughts and prayers.
Nene