Lila had a great first day of school. She was excited to go and she did great. It's really funny to see the difference between Max and Lila. I think when I asked Max about his first day of Kindergarten, I think he said, "It was fine." Lila gave me a play by play. Who she sat by at lunch, songs her teacher sang, books read and how the kids did not wait in line for the swings like she did, so she never got a turn.
Max has started a new class this year where he is combined w/ second and third graders called a challenge class, and it's definitely going to be a challenge for him. :) It's a different way of teaching, more about getting the kids to think rather than just memorizing facts. So instead of answering a question, the teacher will ask what did you think of this. It's also difficult b/c he now has recess with third graders some of the time and second graders some of the time. So he is definitely missing his second grade friends at recess. Hopefully things will get easier as he gets adjusted to the class and I think in the long run it will be much more beneficial for him. His teacher did say to expect tears the first couple of months of homework, so I am bracing myself.
Poor Bryce is really missing his brother and sister and he can't wait until next year!
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I enjoy seeing back to school pictures, especially ones of kids I love. I'm glad Lila likes school and hopefully she will get a turn on the swings! I'm sure as determined as Max is, he will do fine in his new class. Just hope he doesn't get too stressed out. In the pictures it looks like Bryce was excited looking for the bus to come. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Post a Comment