So Lila had her first day of school on Tuesday. She was so excited to go to school. She had a great first day and made some new friends. So I think she is going to do great. I also love it that she will actually tell me about her day. When I ask Max about his day, it's fine or the same as always. With Lila I get a very detailed description about who she played with at recess, what they did, what everyone had in their lunchbox, what stories they read, who is nice, who is mean, etc. She goes on and on and I love hearing about her day. Lila goes to school three times a week this year so Bryce didn't start the same day she did.

Bryce started on Thursday. I was much more nervous for him to start. He didn't do very well at school last year. He was so sad to go to school. This year he was a little apprehensive, but he didn't cry. If I didn't work, I would probably keep him home w/ me for one more year before he started preschool, but it seems like he is going to have fun. He played with some new friends although Forest knocked down his tower! How could he! It was fun to hear about their days but the house was awfully quiet. I am used to their noises voices all day long. The nice thing about Bryce going to school 2 days a week is that I will be able to volunteer in Max's classroom this year. I wasn't able to volunteer very often last year since I had the kids at home and I didn't realize how much that bothered Max. He said he wanted me to come to his classroom every day if I could to volunteer this year. That's not going to happen but maybe I can volunteer a couple of times a month.

This picture has nothing to do with the first day of school. I just thought it was pretty funny. Bryce and Lila are taking after their grandma and grandpa and have taken up bird watching. We just bought a hummingbird feeder and they thought it was super fun to sit and wait for the birds to come.
2 comments:
These pictures are great! Lila's clothes are so cute and all color coordinated with her back pack. She and Bryce are cute as ever.
I think you'll learn to love the quiet times in the house. :)
I love those kids!
Post a Comment