Friday, February 15, 2013

Bryce the Bully?


Bryce always makes things interesting at our house.  He is a confident little boy and so far does not realize he is only 3.  He thinks he's at least 6 like Max and all of his friends.  He really just knows how to push people's buttons. Examples below.

I was working with Lila on spelling her name.  Lila knows you spell her name L I L A but I think she reads it backwards.  So I asked her what her name started with.  She proudly said A.  I said 'No Lila try again.'  Bryce chimes in, 'It's L, Lila'. I sternly look at Bryce and tell him she doesn't need his help.  I look back at Lila. After I turn away, Bryce just repeats under his breath, 'L L L L L L L'

Whenever Bryce plays a game with Max and Lila he will ALWAYS announce.  'I WIN.  I'm the big winner.'  It does not matter if he won the game.  I'm pretty sure he knows he didn't win, but he knows it drives Max especially crazy when he proclaims victory win he didn't win. So he does it repeatedly.

As much as he drives his big brother and sister crazy, I think he makes Michael the most nuts.  There are so many different ways he drives Michael crazy.  A lot of it centers on food.  Bryce doesn't like to eat.  At all.  If there is a dessert involved sometimes he will try to eat his dinner but he has been known to vomit his food after the teeniest, tiniest bite to avoid us forcing him to eat anything else.  He will also follow directions exactly.  So when Michael told him at bedtime to close his eyes and shut his mouth and go to bed.  He will do that, but talk thru a closed mouth.

And then there was yesterday.  As a parent of a child now in school, I pretty much constantly worry.  I'm not there all the time to watch over and protect Max.  I worry that he will be a target of bullying b/c you hear so much about that these days.  However with Bryce, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to worry about him being the bully.  Yesterday he made one of Max's friends cry.  Max's friend was building a tower of blocks and Bryce had a sword.  So what did Bryce do?  Walk around the tower with his sword, taunting that he was going to knock it down. One of these days an older kid is not going to think Bryce is so funny.

2 comments:

Barb Snyder said...

Thanks for sharing this Tina. Gave me a good chuckle this morning!

Anonymous said...

Tina, glad I got to meet you finally over the weekend. Wish circumstances had been different. I haven't commented in the past because I thought you wouldnt know me and might think me a stalker. About Bryce....no Jan 12 person can be all bad.

Aunt Erma
(Another Jan 12 person)