Yesterday was the first day of preschool for Bryce and Lila. They both were super excited to go. I wasn't worried at all about Lila, being four she was ready to go. She walked right into the classroom and started playing w/o so much as a good - bye to me. I guess that's good but I could have used a hug. Even if she didn't miss me, I was going to miss her. When I came to pick her up she was so excited and had the biggest smile on her face. She talked non - stop for about 20 minutes about every detail of her day and her new bff, Lucy.
Bryce was a completely different story. I wasn't planning on sending him to school for at least another year but since I work one day a week, it made sense to send him to school this year for the one day I have to work. Before school he was all talk. But maybe a little like his daddy at that age, he can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. Drop off was awful. He cried and clung to me so much that the teachers had to rip him out of my arms. It just made my heart sink. I called to check on him a little while later and they assured me that he was doing fine and not crying. When I went to pick him up, he was happy to see me. The teachers did tell me he was pretty sad during the morning but as soon as he started playing w/ blocks and they reassured him that after rest time I would be there to pick him up, he started having a little bit of fun. I sure hope that he starts to like it soon, b/c it is going to be a long school year if he doesn't. He of course is all talk now. He will tell anyone he sees how he went to school and talks all about his teachers and his friends and school and tells everyone how much he liked it. He's a funny little dude.
Max Update
Max is absolutely loving kindergarten. He does bounce off the walls when he gets home, but I can't blame him. He only gets one 25 minute recess all day long and has almost a couple of hours of 'reading'. I really think it's terrible they don't get more play time and this week starts homework. What??? I really think the kids should be outside playing when they get home, especially after sitting in class all day long. Right now Max loves learning and I really hope that pushing so much on him so early doesn't burn him out. It does amaze me how far he has come in just the past 6 months. I'm not sure what it is, but that shy little boy that wouldn't leave my side is gone. He doesn't have any time for me anymore. He just wants to play with his friends and I am constantly hearing, 'I'm bored' about 30 seconds after he comes in the house.
Friday, September 07, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I loved reading the new post! I had to chuckle at the picture of Bryce...the backpack is as big as he is. I'm sure it will get easier at drop-off time and that he'll love preschool. It sounds like Lila will be your little social butterfly:) How much time does Max have to spend on homework? I agree, kids should be able to play outside when they get home from school.
Thanks for the update. Love you all.
What Barb said!!
Loved the post... =o))
Judy
Post a Comment