Friday, November 25, 2011

Little Personalities


Although I miss my babies it is fun to see the kids emerging personalities. 

Max
Unfortunately for me, Max has inherited his daddy's attention to detail. Now Michael can fully understand what it's like to have a conversation with him.  Here's an example of a conversation at dinner the other night.

Lila: Daddy I need a napkin.
Daddy:  Lila there are a thousand napkins on the table, just pick one!
Max:  Daddy there are only 320 napkins in the entire package of napkins so I don't think there can be a thousand on the table.

Thank you Max for calling daddy out on his exaggeration.  He never does that to us!

Lila
Lila is our sneaky smart one.  Right now she has figured out that nothing scares mommy or daddy more than one of our children telling us they feel like vomiting.  She's got this down to a science.  She knows that we are never going to risk taking her seriously when vomit is involved. She asks for a bucked sometimes makes a few gross sounds and then she gets to watch tv and get pampered when she isn't feeling good.

Bryce
Bryce continues to be the lovable little handful.  He's got the stare down perfected.  The other day we were in hobby lobby and passed by a display of stuffed animals.  Next to dump trucks and cars, stuffed animals are about the only thing to get his attention.  Bryce was in the stroller and w/o missing a beat reached his hand out and grabbed a giant stuffed dog and put it in the stroller next to him.  I didn't even slow down the stroller next to the display.  He just reached out and grabbed it.  I stopped the stroller and walked in front of him to look him in the eye.  He stared at me expressionless like 'what? what are you looking at?  I do not have a 3 foot stuffed dog next to me in the stroller'  I said 'Bryce'.  Bryce has a couple of good allies in his big brother and sister and they both said 'Mommy Bryce needs a puppy. he doesn't have one.'  Bryce was so stinkin cute that we went to the cashier w/ the puppy.  He then started the stare down w/ the cashier.  I said 'yes bryce you can keep your puppy.  we just need to give it to the cashier to pay.'  Finally i got the Bryce famous 3 dimple smile.  This one is going to be trouble.

2 comments:

Barb Snyder said...

I love getting to know a little about your kids through your posts. Keep them coming!

Love you all.

judy said...

Too funny! I love your kids and your posts!