Saturday, April 09, 2011

We love to read


I just had to post this picture b/c I think it pretty well describes life at the Bontrager household. Chaos. Bryce doesn't have a shirt b/c he spilled all over it at dinner, Lila jumping on the sofa, and Michael trying to help Max practice reading. I'm sure before i know it, I'll miss the chaos.A few weeks ago Max told us he wanted to learn how to read. His teacher told us about Bob books. These things are fantastic. They are very short, very easy books, and Max loves them. He is so proud of himself when he finishes a book. He especially loves reading to his younger brother and sister. They are always this sweet to each other. They never ever fight.Lila loves reading Pinkalicous sitting on her big girl bed, and no she doesn't sleep on it. She just sits on it.
I try, I really do to get a good shot of all three at the same time. I think it is impossible.Bryce is definitely taking steps now. He'll walk back and forth between Michael and I. He was having so much fun last night walking. Unfortunately today he woke up with a fever of 103, so it looks like the walking practice will have to wait. Poor kid has sure had a lot of sickness.
I thought Bryce looked a lot like Max did when he was this age, but not with those glasses on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always have to chuckle when I read your posts. The kids are so cute! How did Max get the scratch on is nose?

Anonymous said...

Oops. I forgot to say who I am...
Grandma Patty

Barb Snyder said...

Thanks for the update and pictures! I am so glad I can keep up with your family this way. Your kids are so cute!