Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Favorite Things



We are finally getting over everyone's sicknesses. Thank goodness. Max went back to school for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I think it was good to get him out of the house. It was good for me at least. :) Bryce is also back to being his happy little self. He's always my happy boy and the family dynamic is just off when he is cranky. Maybe that's b/c I don't get my sleep. Hmmm.

Max's Favorite Things
  • Toy Story - Since we saw Toy Story on Ice Max has really been into anything to do with Toy Story. The other night we had a movie night and we rented Toy Story 2. In the opening scene Andy, the boy, is playing with Woody, the doll, and Woody gets a little tear on his arm. As Max is watching this, I see the tears welling up in his eyes. I said, 'Max, does that make you sad?' His response as he wipes away tears. 'No.' Thirty seconds later he asks, 'Mommy is Woody really hurt, is he going to be ok?' Max is seriously the sweetest, most compassionate little boy, but he needs to toughen up a little before he is off to Kindergarten. I worry about him!
  • Sledding outside with Daddy. Here's a picture of the snowman Max & daddy built. I'm not sure it's really a snowman, but I didn't have to go outside to build it so it looks good to me.
  • Eating. I swear I just don't understand how much this kid eats. He had 3 pieces of pizza the other night. He just eats and eats and eats. No idea where it goes. Poor kid is still awfully scrawny. In fact we had a 'beach' day at home the other day. He was still wearing his 2T swimsuit.
  • Bryce. Hopefully he will always love his little brother as much as he does now.

Lila's Favorite Things
  • Wearing mismatched clothes. The best clothes are the ones with the butterflies or Dora& Boots. She loves to pick them out, and she's so proud of herself I can't tell her they don't look good together. So most of the time she looks homeless.
  • Lila is loving Little Einsteins. She likes to sing along and do the motions.
  • She is getting a tiny bit more coordinated so hopefully she'll end up not quite as klutzy as her mommy
  • She of course loves being independent and still needs help with NOTHING, yet needs help with everything. :) Typical girl.

Bryce's Favorite Things
  • Getting into EVERYTHING! Here he is during the Superbowl. He crawled into the cabinets. I guess the game wasn't very interesting to him.
  • Speed Scooting - This is really one of the funniest things to witness. Bryce is usually holding something in his right hand and uses his left hand to scoot around, but when he gets serious... lookout. He drops whatever is in his right hand, tucks it behind his back like he is an Olympic skate sprinter, and off he goes. He is surprisingly fast.
  • Thinking he is so big. He'll do high five's now and he thinks he is the biggest boy and gets the biggest grin on his face. I love to see all of his dimples.

1 comment:

Barb Snyder said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better. I really enjoy it when you give updates on your kids!

Love you all!