Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Time

Christmas started out this year with Max's Christmas program at school, and I use the word program very loosely. It was really more of the kids sang a couple of songs and had some cake to celebrate Jesus' b-day. It didn't really matter the kids had a good time and were very proud of themselves. It was a pretty chaotic day with doctor's appointments, conference calls with screaming kids in the background, fussy baby Bryce (we'll get to that later) and nap schedules being disturbed...so all in all I was a little flustered by the time we finally made it to the program. Max did a good job and sang although something was bothering him as he had to keep adjusting his pants, typical man. Anyway then it was time for cake. Lila got to sit at the table with the class and I guess the excitement was too much for her as all of a sudden she started screaming. She often bites her fingers while eating, clumsy little thing, so I thought that was the problem. She finally blurted out pee. Oh dear. She was sitting in a puddle of pee. Of course I didn't have the diaper bag with me, it was in the car. Max's teachers said I could just leave the kids there so I didn't have to bundle them up to go to the car just to come back again. So I bolted out to the car, and when I got back in I found Lila still sitting at the table licking her hands. They were wet from her accident. Disgusting. I should have known something was wrong with the look on her face here.So 30 minutes later after 2 more trips to the bathroom and a change of clothes we finally made it out the door.

We then headed up to Northern Indiana to visit Michael's parents. We weren't sure if we were going to make it b/c Bryce woke up with a fever the day we were supposed to leave. We gave him some Tylenol and his fever went down. So we left. Unfortunately after we got there his fever spiked to a high of 105. Poor little guy. He is always such a happy little boy, and it was so sad to see him so miserable. Fortunately he is finally feeling better. I hope he stays that way. We want him to have a good first Christmas. Even though he wasn't feeling good he managed a smile for us with his new toy box Grandpa built.Yesterday we decorated Gingerbread houses and of course the best part was eating it!I have to say I am definitely excited about this Christmas. Max is pretty into Santa this year, and I can't wait to see their faces when they wake up on Christmas morning and the cookies are gone and the presents are here!

1 comment:

Barb Snyder said...

Tina, I love how you tell your stories about your kids. They sure keep your life exciting! I hope Bryce is feeling better and I hope you all had a very Wonderful Christmas!