Sometimes I think Max is really a really smart dude. He does seem to be logical in his thinking and seems to be a problem solver. But sometimes he just likes to talk for the sake of talking and ends up not sounding as smart. Here is a snippet of recent conversation as I cleaned up the dishes after dinner.
Max - If this where a jaguar it could jump as high as I could.
Daddy - Oh really?
Max - Daddy, do you know that I know almost everything?
Daddy - Like, everything in the whole world?
Max - Yeah
Daddy - So you are even smarter than Mommy and Daddy huh? Well what’s 72 divided by 3.7?
Max – No daddy, I know ALMOST everything.
Daddy – Ok. Why do you think you know ALMOST everything.
Max – Because I learn so much from watching Dora and Diego.
Max – Daddy did you know I’m so magical because I can fix mommy’s camera.
Daddy – Wow, how did you do that?
Max – Because I have x-ray vision in my bones so I am magical.
The other day Max went for a 3 mile bike ride around the lake in our neighborhood while I ran beside him. We ran at a 9 minute pace with no breaks. I thought that was pretty good for a 4 year and no training wheels. I thought it was even better when I inspected his bike after we got back and both tires were pretty flat and the back brake was rubbing on the wheel. He didn't even sweat. I was drenched.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wish I could have heard your conversation in person!
Barb
Post a Comment