I just got an email from BabyCenter with my weekly update. It was kind enough to remind me I only have 161 days to go. ONLY? Maybe they can start saying only when there is like 30 days to go. I'll be excited when that happens. So the 161 days on bedrest seems a bit overwhelming. In order to motivate myself I came up with my top 5 things I'm going to do as soon as I am off bedrest.
1) Play with my kids. I mean really play. Get down on the floor, let them crawl all over me and pick them up and hug them over and over and over again.
2) Go on a date with my husband. Michael has been amazing through all of this. He has been so supportive and worked so hard on taking care of the kids and me. It would be a treat for us to go out on a real date, with drinks, dinner, and dessert. I think Michael would prefer a 7 day all inclusive vacation, but I think he'll have to settle for a date for the time being.
3) Go to Starbucks. I am 100% convinced that Starbucks puts some sort of addictive drug in their drinks, but it's also the smell of the place. It's my happy place. As soon as I walk into Starbucks, I'm instantly at ease.
4) Cook for the family. I'm not the world's greatest cook, but I enjoy cooking and baking for my family. I also love searching for new recipes so I have found plenty over the last month to try out.
5) Take a walk with the crew. Every night after dinner we had a ritual of taking a walk around the big block. Max rides his bike, Lila is in her pink & purple car. We try to do what we can to wear the kids out.
So that's my top 5 things.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to post of the kids, the computer is downstairs with our pics on it, so I'll have to leave that up to Michael. But in case you were wondering, yes they are still adorable, in my opinion.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree, 161 days sounds like a long time, but hopefully they will go by quickly. You have 5 great things to look forward to, plus a new little one.
Love and prayers.
Barb
Thinking of you all the time Tina... All the time.
Post a Comment