Thursday, February 26, 2009

Success a little premature

Well I was so hopeful, but I think I was a little premature with the potty training success. Over the past week I'd say we are batting about .500. So hopefully Max will get this soon. I'm pretty sure changing poopy underwear is worse than changing poopy diapers.

So this is a new toy for Michael...oh I mean Max. I think it's one of those things that he always wanted as a kid and while Max likes it I think Michael likes it more. If you can't tell from the picture it is a track for Max's Matchbox cars. You can configure it 100 different ways. So far it has caused a lot of meltdowns and a lot of laughter. Things can get very frustrating for a 2 year old boy. Although we can always count on a smile from Max as long as food is involved.

Here he is enjoying a doughnut reward.

Lila is still scooting around everywhere but not quite crawling. She is moving around enough to cause Max problems though. She has ripped a page out of his favorite Bob the Builder book and has knocked down countless towers. Usually this ends in a Max meltdown. I'm hoping Max becomes a little less sensitive soon. She is usually a super happy girl, but is battling a cold right now. I'm hoping it goes away soon. We are lucky this is her first sickness since she has been born. What a difference from Max. She just started playing peekaboo. We'll see if we can post a video we just took. She hides herself in her shirt and wait's for us to say 'where's Lila?' and then laughs hysterically as she peeks out from under her shirt.

1 comment:

judy said...

Oh Tina..... you have way more patience than I would have! I would be resorting to Amanda's tactics! Ha!
Anyway, where is the story about Michael bundling the kids up to take them to McDonalds as a reward... only to realize you had the vehicle with the car seats in it?!?!
Looking forward to more posts and pics and videos!