Max has been sick off and on for close to a month now and on his worst days it's just crying and fussing unless one of us is holding him constantly. And just that wouldn't be bad, cause I love holding him, but he demands that we stand and many times dance or bounce or sway with him. I actually had a noticeable limp for 2 days this week because I strained a calf muscle with one of the movements he demanded of me so he could play peekabo with himself in a mirror!
One nice thing that he does enjoy during the fussy times though is some good loud music. So we can rock out to about anything we enjoy, not baby music or songs...yet. His favs right now are Coldplay, Dave Matthews, and Van Morrison...fine by us!
Anyway Tina has great strength for doing 90% of the "caring". I try, I really do, but I get so exhausted that I much prefer to do the household chores or cooking these days when Max is having one of his episodes.
But boy he sure is fun when he is happy. He is really starting to laugh a lot. He is rolling over much better now from his tummy to his back, because we know how much he hates his tummy time still. The Exersaucer is now pretty fun for him. He likes books, but mainly for trying to eat them. He almost regularly pees and farts in the bathtub...both of which bring a smile to his face. He grabs everything in sight so we have to start paying attention to what is around him, but the most fun thing is grabbing his toes. And of course he is chewing everything he grabs, so yes his toes are frequently in his mouth now days.
He can sit in a high chair...sort of...and is starting to eat solid foods, the first being Sweet Potatoes. This is the aftermath of the first time. I actually expected worse.

And the other major change in my life is that the house has absolutely become a disaster area...and I don't even really care! Which is amazing considering there was a time when my neatness/anal level was so high that I would have trouble sleeping if my shoes weren't in the right place at night.
One thing that we forgot to mention over thanksgiving is that we are very thankful for Max's daycare teachers, Miss Becky and Miss Lori. They are great with him and Max really likes them. Since Tina goes to feed Max everyday at lunch time she has gotten to know them well too and they provide us a lot of good information and tips...much more so than our pediatrician has done. Miss Becky has been at our daycare for over 18 years and has children and grandchildren of her own. Anyway, I've seen them work and I can tell you that THEY deserve to make a heck of a lot more money than they probably do. I know they at least work harder in a day than I do at my job!
Wow didn't mean to ramble so much, but hey it's a Friday night and there is nothing else to do and everyone is in bed (including my poor neglected dog). Guess I am off to bed too...Max hasn't figured out that sleeping in on Saturdays is a good thing; no he is still up and making noise by 6.
Oh I posted some new pictures in our photo gallery...take a look.

3 comments:
Sitting at home on a Friday night, sounds like an old man. Next you'll be watching birds!
Rich
Michael, your posts are always good for a chuckle! I hope you have recovered from the strained calf muscle. Just wait till you have to play football with Max, or wrestle, or whatever. It sounds like he is a lot of fun. Wish we could see him more often.
How are you liking your new job by now? I'm glad you help Tina with the household chores. I can almost picture you doing this to the beat of your rock music.
Tina, I enjoyed your Thanksgiving post and the pictures.
We'll look forward to more posts.
Love,
Barb
Michael and Tina,
Thanks for the updates. :):)
I think I still wanna be a grandma some day... even though I "felt" the exhaustion when Michael was writing. Hey, I remember the day when Michael's little model cars or whatever had to be perfectly placed on his dresser before he could sleep!!
Sweet Potatoes and carrots were two of Kristy and Kathy's favorite baby foods too! I love that picture!
Give Max a big hug and kiss from his favorite Aunt Judy!
Post a Comment