Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Windy City here we come!




  You know looking back, I think this weekend was the first time we ever went on a mini vacation with the kids.  Wow, that's pretty sad.  I guess we aren't the adventurous type with 3 little ones.  We had our niece and nephews First Communion so we made the trip up to Chicago to see them.  Saturday was filled with lots of family time and lots of yummy food. Max particularly loves playing with his older cousin, even though not a lot of words were spoken between the 2.  I guess they are too cool for that. My 96 year old grandpa even made the trip from Iowa, and I can't believe I didn't get any pictures with him.  Ughhhh.  Hopefully next time I see him. We had a great day with family and wish we could see them more often.

The kids thought staying in a hotel was about the coolest thing.  I think Bryce just likes being in the same room with his big brother and sister b/c he would not stop talking when it was bedtime.  Max the enforcer of the rules attempted to keep him quiet but no luck.  Finally he fell asleep about an hour after we put him to bed.

We decided we better make the most of the trip and visited the Shedd Aquarium on Sunday.  This is my favorite picture. Max looks hysterical.

This was Lila's favorite thing about the aquarium.  The boat.  Not the really cool fish, but the little toy boat.  I really don't know how other families with little kids spend all day at places like this b/c after 2 hours Bryce and Lila were definitely ready to go.

Unfortunately it wasn't a great weather day, but we were able to go check out Lake Michigan.  I was scared one of my kids was going to fall in...why is there not a rope or a chain or something???

We had a great time and can't wait to go back and check out more cool things to do in the city.  There's so much to do!

No comments: