Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Updates

 Wow, I guess it has been a while since I've updated the blog.  I haven't taken as many pictures as I should have lately.  I guess that's what happens when things get busy.  I need to remember though.  I know I'll regret it later.

So here are my boys.  I don't think Max could love his little brother any more than he does.  He never wants me to take his picture but if Bryce is there, he's all smiles.  We had Max's last preschool parent teacher conference last week and it is so hard for me to believe he is going to kindergarten next year.  He's definitely ready but I don't think I am.  His teachers gave glowing reviews and said he was a model student and they wished all the kids were like him.  They said he is super smart (we always thought that but it's nice to hear) and that he even was a leader in certain situations b/c he always helps other kids out when they need it.  That made us proud.  They also said he's still a shy one, but he holds his own if needed.  He's also been playing with the neighbor kids a lot more lately and he's gaining confidence.  I'm really glad we didn't send him to kindergarten last year though.  We just signed him up for swim team this year.  That could be interesting.  I hope he doesn't turn blue from being cold during practices, that would bring back some bad childhood memories for me.  Poor kid still doesn't have an ounce of body fat on him. 






And speaking of no body fat, there's Bryce. He is still a massive character and still not on the charts when it comes to weight.  He's too cool in his Elmo sun glasses to smile.  I can't really even explain Bryce's personality.  He's so very different than the other too.  I guess that's what happens with the third child.  Right now he is learning his letters and loves to sing songs.  He also loves to say hi to everyone.  Especially the garbage men.  He loves to watch them.  Ahh to be 2 again.


And we can't forget little miss Lila.  Here she is doing a work book. We are trying to gear her up for school.  I try to do projects w/ Bryce and Lila while Max is at school.  When Max was Lila's age he loved doing projects.  With Lila it's hard to get her started.  She always tells me she doesn't want to do it, but as soon as she does she is so proud of herself.  Everything has to be Lila's idea, so as long as I can make her think it was her idea, she's happy.  She is also showing her sweet side more.  This weekend she went to the store with me a few times and I asked her if she liked going to the store with mommy.  She said no but I love to help mommy.  I'm going to miss her going to preschool next year.   At least I have 2 more years before kindergarten with her.

1 comment:

Barb Snyder said...

Your kids are so adorable, each with their own special personality. It was so good to see you at the Martin retreat!

Thanks for the update. I really do love hearing about your family.

Barb