Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Living the Dream

So I took the kids for a walk today and I was thinking how lucky I was to be able to stay at home with the kids and enjoy the simple things like going for a walk. If I was working full time I probably wouldn't have the time or energy to do these things. I love to watch them as they get so excited to discover the simplest things like a leaf, or a pine cone. They were just so happy and of course adorable, it just made me smile. And then....

It started. The crying. Max fell off a rock and hit his head pretty hard. Which then started the ripple effect. Lila started crying b/c Max was crying and then Bryce started crying b/c Lila started and Bryce really hasn't stopped since then. So the remainder of the walk was spent me trying to carry an extra child while Bryce was in the baby bjorn while trying every divergence tactic in the book to get the crying to STOP. I was pretty unsuccessful so the next 15 minutes the crying was in full force. In times like those I need to remember the beginning of the walk when everything was calm and peaceful, I know they'll be gone before I blink.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaww, what sensitive children...crying because the others are crying. They may not remember the crying times, but I'm sure they'll remember all the times you did things with them. It's great that you have the opportunity to do the "simple" things.
Love you all,
Barb

Crystal said...

it is amazing how much we moms love this job. if you describe it to anyone that has never done it, it sounds horrid.

Anonymous said...

The pictures at the top of your blog are just too cute! What a neat birthday gift for Michael. Michael, I hope you have a terrific birthday. Sorry I failed to get a card in the mail to you.

Am I able to purchase photos from your photo gallery?

Love you all!
Barb